I don't even know what to say...

64sunburst
Top Producer

Re: I don't even know what to say...

Postby 64sunburst » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Gibson is finally getting it's revenge for Fender's Starcaster and Esprit models - except those were pretty good guitars.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:08 am

dorkrockrecords wrote:I don't even know what to say...http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I ... 7#comments
...no need Adam, I had a blast reading the comments on the abovementioned website ...which says it all ;)
Thanks for pointing out this bit of entertainment; that Gibson monstrosity is more like a belated "April Fool's" joke... :D

bakeoboy
Top Producer

Postby bakeoboy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:22 am

Makes me happy I dont sell Gibson anymore!
Artie

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:26 am

Borrowed from the other Website, but I'd say the Members of the Forum pretty much covered their feelings......... :(
Firebrand
11 hr 27 min ago LOL. Now that Gibson lost the PRS suit, they are trying to take on Fender. I think the guitar would have sold better under the Gibson-controlled Kramer name, or they could have always collaborated with, ahem, First Act.
Brantly
11 hr 41 min ago Hey, The folks at Gibson know a good thing when they see it. Might as well buy the Fender. This once great company has created a new low. Absolutely rotten. I use to admire Gibsons and and prior to this planned to add a good one to my collection. No Gibson for me...not now.
Pick-Candy
11 hr 50 min ago Can't help but notice every comment toward this Gibson product development is negative. I am proud of each and every one of you. This "Epicaster" is a joke and a huge mistake in every way. My 2 predictions:
1. Gibson Guitar Co. has Jumped the Shark, and today will note the beginning of a long end for Gibson and their bad karma.
2. Gibson just declared war on Fender. Bad mistake. Look for the Big F to retaliate with Squier Les Pauls o' plenty and then some. When the dust settles in a few years Gibson will be on the auction block, and probably get bought by Fender; heck they own everybody else.
Final note; Les Pauls death (RIP) may now truly be marked as an end to an era in a whole new way.
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:42 am

In the "Comments" section of Premier Guitar, I just added the following text:

Congratulations Gibson for introducing the world’s first disposable guitar; thank goodness real Fenders need no longer be sacrificed from now on for ‘fiery rituals’ on stage. Clever Credit crunch marketing strategy don’t you agree?…with some fire in Gibson’s gamble this time...”Backfire”. :lol:

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:14 am

Veenture wrote:In the "Comments" section of Premier Guitar, I just added the following text:

Congratulations Gibson for introducing the world’s first disposable guitar; thank goodness real Fenders need no longer be sacrificed from now on for ‘fiery rituals’ on stage. Clever Credit crunch marketing strategy don’t you agree?…with some fire in Gibson’s gamble this time...”Backfire”. :lol:

Well said Paul ;) ........
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:34 am

Oy vey.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:43 pm

I think I'm going out to buy some wood and make les paul 59 burst clones and sell them for 900 bucks until Gibson cut it out. i agree totally with Dub. Barf. Just think of it this way, right now Gibson is in a period that is equal to fender CBS stuff. Crap products.
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

JimPage
Top Producer

Postby JimPage » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Well, I can't wait until other companies come out with similar ideas. The VW version of the '66 GTO ought to be wonderful, and the Buick version of the '69 Charger will be well worth the money.

Yep; this opens up a whole new world in marketing. I'm glad that I'm here to see it!!!

--Jim
• '99 Martin D-41
• '67 Mosrite Celebrity II
• '72 Mosrite Celebrity III
• '83 Tokai TST56
• '10 Hallmark Barris Krest
• '10 Hallmark 60 Custom
• '10 Hallmark Stradette
• '50s Tele Clone
• Basses: Ashbory, Hofner, 51RI Precision, 5-string, fretless

Haole Jim
Top Producer

Postby Haole Jim » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:14 pm

Y' know, back in '02,Fender's big Frontline had a Strat above a flametop maple "Les Paul" Standard, by newly-acquired Guild, blasted on the front cover.

Also see page 12, where statements use "humbucking" and "P-90" about pickups. And page 13 for an ES-335 clone.

'Guess it took Gibson 7 years to get even.

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”