I don't even know what to say...

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: I don't even know what to say...

Postby dubtrub » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:22 pm

Haole Jim wrote:Y' know, back in '02,Fender's big Frontline had a Strat above a flametop maple "Les Paul" Standard, by newly-acquired Guild, blasted on the front cover.

Also see page 12, where statements use "humbucking" and "P-90" about pickups. And page 13 for an ES-335 clone.

'Guess it took Gibson 7 years to get even.

What are you yelling for? WE CAN HEAR YOU. ;)
Danny Ellison

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:04 am

This is terrible.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:08 am

Well, Mosrite history may be colourful with it's turbulent moments too for Semie’s company but other famous guitar makers aren't immune from storms either -to this very day. The gluttonous gibbons at Gibsons' who blindly swing the company sceptre have severely underestimated the backlash coming from the entire guitar community which feels insulted and has been angered by this greedy and despicable move of recent.

This must surely come back at Gibson with a vengeance and it is hopeful (for Gibson, Janie Hendrix & others' sake) they find sufficient cover and protection from the very same 'legal institution' that let down Fender but at the same time opened the door for Gibson fools to rush in where angels fear to tread. Wonder who'll be next to follow 'rushing in' :roll:

Here's just one reaction by someone on the internet…it’s short but says a lot: http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2009/09/ ... -revealed/
Les hated Henry Said...

Sue PRS, lose, steal from Fender, go bankrupt - Bye bye Gibson........

LOSTVENTURE
Valued Member

Postby LOSTVENTURE » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:48 am

This is just another in the long line of Gibson/Epiphone re-issues of guitars that never existed in the first place. I have to admit that this is a larger stretch than usual though.
Don

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Gibson has removed the links, and the Hendrix guitar has disappeared. I've been to the Les Paul Forum, Fender Discusssion Page, Offset Guitar Forum. Across the board the reaction has been one of contempt.
Some marketing genius at Gibson will be looking for a new job, I suspect. This must have cost a fortune.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:48 pm

dubtrub wrote:
Haole Jim wrote:Y' know, back in '02,Fender's big Frontline had a Strat above a flametop maple "Les Paul" Standard, by newly-acquired Guild, blasted on the front cover.

Also see page 12, where statements use "humbucking" and "P-90" about pickups. And page 13 for an ES-335 clone.

'Guess it took Gibson 7 years to get even.

What are you yelling for? WE CAN HEAR YOU. ;)
(whisper)...Fender bought the Guild company along with all it's inventory...hardly justification here for such a bold presumption "getting even". Sure, Fender has it's share of shortcomings too but this wasn't Fender's doing...

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:01 am

"Gibson boss dismisses takeover rumours"...rumble...rumble... :? ... :o

http://www.gear4music.com/news/article/ ... 2009-10-02

Nokie Van Reinhardt

Postby Nokie Van Reinhardt » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Terrible idea. Jimi not only didn't play one of these, he didn't even play a Jimi Hendrix Model Fender because there was NO SUCH THING at the time. Jimi played stock Strats as far as I know. :lol:

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Taking this into account along with their new Eye guitar and Zoot Suit horror, I'd say the folks at Gibson shoild be regularly breath tested for excessive alcohol consumption.
Bill.

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:59 pm

That Zoot thing is just bad...lets not forget the Robot Guitar which is sellig for 75% off list last I was in S.A. I haven't seen the Eye. Why didn't they just make a Epi Jimi SG ?

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”