Deke Dickerson in Baltimore!!

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: Deke Dickerson in Baltimore!!

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:37 pm

Wow - sounds like one heck of a show. Thanks for sharing!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

jtr654
Top Producer

Postby jtr654 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:23 pm

It was nice to hear the differance between the 2 Hallmark guitars the Custom 60 was rounder and more full range Deke's model was more cutting with a more focus EQ response.It be nice to know what pickup selection was used for each song? I don't think he switched his amp setting .

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:21 am

Thanks for the link, Jim Page and Danny. The Frets website really was helpful, and it looks like the best place may actually be on the guitar body about half and inch from the neck, on the bass side. It's the same place Gibson places the strap button on the ES175, and from what I've ascertained, the 175 and 295 are the same body with different PUs and paintjobs. I can hear the edge of the neck block by tapping the body. Great tips, guys!

I would so much enjoy seeing Deke with the Modern Sounds as his band. That show must have been killer! Did Joel play any Steel Guitar?
BTW, check out Joel Paterson on YouTube. Be prepared to pick your jaw up off the floor.

Deke Dickerson
Top Producer

Postby Deke Dickerson » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:09 pm

Hey guys, I'm back in town now, and thanks for the kind words. The tour with the Modern Sounds was a heck of a lot of fun for me. Playing with Joel Paterson was a blast, that guy rules on guitar, pedal steel, harmonica, AND drums! We all had a blast doing it and hopefully we'll do more shows with them in the future.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out a way (it's always about $$$) to get the Joel and the Modern Sounds out for the Geekfest. Joel has offered to fly out and have my CA band back him up, and that would be good, but man those three Chicago boys work really well together.

For those who go to the Viva Las Vegas festival in the spring every year, I'll definitely have the Modern Sounds at my "mini" Guitar Geek Festival, since they'll already be there playing.

Joel is a monster player--you'll be hearing lots more out of that guy in years to come.

Deke

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”