Deke's Guitar Geek Festival

mosriteforever

Re: Deke's Guitar Geek Festival

Postby mosriteforever » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:48 am

I forgot about Dennis' question. The cases we use for our doublenecks are modified Sweptwing Bass cases, so they will not fit a 6/12 without some heavy mods!!

Film at eleven!!

Texasbob

Postby Texasbob » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:24 am

mosriteforever wrote:I forgot about Dennis' question. The cases we use for our doublenecks are modified Sweptwing Bass cases, so they will not fit a 6/12 without some heavy mods!!

Film at eleven!!

darn :(
If it hasn't been done before, there's a reason why.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:54 am

mosriteforever wrote:I forgot about Dennis' question. The cases we use for our doublenecks are modified
Sweptwing Bass cases, so they will not fit a 6/12 without some heavy mods!!

Film at eleven!!

Oh well, thanks anyways John. I, personally am not in need of one, but I've seen a
few members 'snoopin around' :mrgreen: . I have no clue how how many members would
jump at this anyways......it was more or less, just a thought........... ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Texasbob

Postby Texasbob » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:33 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:
mosriteforever wrote:I forgot about Dennis' question. The cases we use for our doublenecks are modified
Sweptwing Bass cases, so they will not fit a 6/12 without some heavy mods!!

Film at eleven!!

Oh well, thanks anyways John. I, personally am not in need of one, but I've seen a
few members 'snoopin around' :mrgreen: . I have no clue how how many members would
jump at this anyways......it was more or less, just a thought........... ;)

It's tough bein' the freak sometimes. :lol:

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:16 pm

Texasbob,

Did you get any decent photo's of the various acts at the Fest that you can post here? I took a bunch of photo's that I can't use because they are blurry from my camera being set on 'close up'. I forgot to change it to 'auto focus'. darn! :evil:
Danny Ellison

Texasbob

Postby Texasbob » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:36 pm

dubtrub wrote:Texasbob,

Did you get any decent photo's of the various acts at the Fest that you can post here? I took a bunch of photo's that I can't use because they are blurry from my camera being set on 'close up'. I forgot to change it to 'auto focus'. darn! :evil:

Took a ton of photos. I'll get them up as soon as i get some time to upload them. I'm ready for next year!

mosriteforever

Postby mosriteforever » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:07 am

Hi all!
I am ready to walk out the door for the long drive to Chicago to the Autorama show where we are meeting George Barris and Mickey Dolan from the Monkees will be there as well! Any one in Chicago, stop by Friday or Saturday and say hello. Here is a link to you tube with Part 2 of the Geekfest. Keep an eye on this guy! I think he has a lot more of the Geekfest on video to post while we wait for the official DVD from Geek!

Keep Geeking!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCjHYljERvM

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:12 am

Hey Johnny,

Thanks for the YouTube video links. That second video with Guitar Zack was one of my favorite parts of the show. Check out his rendition of Red House. Notice he doesn't use a pick. :shock:

This is from Deke's flyer about the Fest.

"GUITAR ZACK" WIESENBERGER!
This is the first act we've signed for the Geekfest solely based on YouTube videos! This guy struck us as the greatest thing we've seen since Crazy Joe. He's funny and he plays his butt off. . . . You've got to trust us, this cat is incredible!"

'Dubtrub' as in Stevie Ray Vaughn's 'Double Trouble' and a huge Jimi Hendrix fan. Now the secret is out on how I got my forum alias. ;)
Danny Ellison

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:13 am

dubtrub wrote:

'Dubtrub' as in Stevie Ray Vaughn's 'Double Trouble' and a huge Jimi Hendrix fan. Now the secret is out on how I got my forum alias.

Hey Danny, I had a suspicion all along this was the case! :) I'm glad cuz I'm a sucker for Stevie's stuff too! (and Jimi)
........think I'm gonna have to put on a cd or two which must certainly include "LOVE STRUCK BABY"...

Here's a thought for you: wonder what these guys would've sounded like .........using MOSRITES!!!! :mrgreen:

mosriteforever

Postby mosriteforever » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi All,
Just back in from Chicago (cold!!!). We had a great show with George Barris and we must get to back to work again. We stopped by Chicago Music Exchange and they had a great Mosrite selection! They quoted $5995 for a 64 Large Logo Sidejack!! It only needs a little TLC! We will try to get the 59 Custom ready for pix soon ( the Gruggett 60 Custom is a handbuilt USA Side Jack with a finish the customer ordered, not the 59 Custom). I will post more pix of the Geekfest and the Chicago event as time permits. It was great!! Thanks to Deke again for the great show and to everyone else for support and Mosrite info/geekness. Now, off to bed! (gotta make the donuts.............guitars!!)

Mosriteforever!!!

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”