The Thunderheads Halloween Special

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Re: The Thunderheads Halloween Special

Postby Desert Surfer » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:33 pm

thunderhead wrote:
Desert Surfer wrote:
thunderhead wrote:Thanks so much Guys!! It feels really good to have my friends on the Forum post and support one of our Videos. :o

Very nice thunderhead. Can you tell us what amp did you use for lead guitar? and the setting on amp if can? (I usually like to set Treble at 7, bass at 8, mid randge at 7 and reverb at 7 or 8, no tremolo)

I love that 60's sound. Thanks.

The amp is a 1965 Fender Bassman converted into a 2/10 combo with Jensen P10R speakers. The Settings I think were,Treble 6, Bass 5, Volume 3. I was running it into a Fender Reverb Unit with Dwell,Mix and Tone all on 6. The Guitar is a Jonas Ridge Mosrite Ventures 1963 RI. Side-Jack, Set-Neck. It is a really incredible Guitar that I feel very fortunate to own. I use it sparingly for Special events. I also had on the Floor a Boss Tuner and a Fulldrive II set with a slight amount of "Edge". It is a super transparent overdrive that I never use for heavy distortion. It can certainly do that but I use it for a little "Icing on the Cake" . Again Thanks so much for your interest. Billy C AKA ThunderHead

Thanks a lot, Billy. I love that Out of Limit, Ventures in Space sound, but can't get it right with my amp setting.

The set up mentioned above is Mark Baer's (Victoria) set up when he tests his amp (with a beaten up Telecaster). He is a blues & rock player; not much surf. So, I shall try your setting from now on.

I just attended CAAS convention in Nashville, TN last week. I shall stop by to see you guys play next year if schedule fits. (CAAS is a yearly event held in July)

Best regards,
Vincent

thunderhead
Top Producer

Re: The Thunderheads Halloween Special

Postby thunderhead » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:18 pm

It stays clean virtually all the way up, breaks up around 7 and up. By the time you get to that volume it is way too Loud unless your outside. If I am outside I use the Bassman with my 1964 Vibroverb or 1964 Super Reverb in stereo. I also have a 1968 Fender Vibratone{Leslie} I will use outdoors also. I can't wait to try out my new Gomez Reverb-Amp on a gig, it's really good. As far as my Blues playing, I played on four releases by Blues Lady Deborah Coleman. Three on Blind Pig Records out of Chicago and one on Telarc Records in the UK. Check those two record company web pages or Debo's website. I released Five solo CD's on Triple Shot Records, now out of print although CD baby may have a few left.I also toured with but did not record with EG Kight and Long John Hunter. John is from Texas and in the 1950's gave some lessons to an up and coming Rock-n-Roller named Buddy Holly. I am currently working on a my space page of my own to post some of my Blues stuff on. I like all types of Music and also play Blugrass Gospel Mandolin and Vintage Country Lap Steel. My favorite band of All-Time is The Ventures and my passion at this point in my life is Instro Surf Music. :)
Click on logo to visit website

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”