The Thunderheads Halloween Special

dubtrub
Administrator

The Thunderheads Halloween Special

Postby dubtrub » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:01 pm

I find it really neat to see the 63 reissue Mosrite guitar and matching bass, reverb tank on the floor, vintage amps and especially seeing musicians match dressed as they (we) did back in the 60s. ;)

Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Re: The Thunderheads Halloween Special

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:06 pm

Danny,nice find!

Nice Billy! Nice!! ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

thunderhead
Top Producer

Postby thunderhead » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:28 am

Thanks so much Guys!! It feels really good to have my friends on the Forum post and support one of our Videos. :o
Click on logo to visit website

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:52 am

thunderhead wrote:Thanks so much Guys!! It feels really good to have my friends on the Forum post and support one of our Videos. :o

Very nice thunderhead. Can you tell us what amp did you use for lead guitar? and the setting on amp if can? (I usually like to set Treble at 7, bass at 8, mid randge at 7 and reverb at 7 or 8, no tremolo)

I love that 60's sound. Thanks.

ChazDaSpaz

Postby ChazDaSpaz » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:19 am

Yeah, man.
Thanks for posting our video. The Halloween Show was a lot of fun (my favorite). Amy & Morgan at Daytime Tri-Cities have been very supportive to The Thunderheads (and many other area bands too).

Below is the more recent Summer Beach Party at Daytime Tri-Cities. Take note of Billy's drop-dead gorgeous pearl white Mosrite-Hallmark. I've got the old '66 Mosrite bass fired up as we jump on "California Sun".

Thanks, again, guys.

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:42 am

Great videos and music guys. Great looking guitars also.

Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:01 am

I laughed at the end when the host say's 'nothing like good old beach music'. I'm constantly at odds with my wife over this terminology calling surf music beach music. Beach music is vocals as in the Beach Boy's and they sure as heck aren't playing surf music.

BTW, what guitar is the rhythm guitar. I can't capture a good still shot of it. It looks like it could be a Wilson Bros. :shock: Or is it BC's 63? If it is a Mosrite, don't tell him what I said. ;)
Danny Ellison

ChazDaSpaz

Postby ChazDaSpaz » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:34 pm

dubtrub wrote:BTW, what guitar is the rhythm guitar. I can't capture a good still shot of it. It looks like it could be a Wilson Bros. :shock: Or is it BC's 63? If it is a Mosrite, don't tell him what I said. ;)

Yeah, Dave is playing a Wilson Brothers. Beautiful sunburst finish.
Morgan King (host of Daytime Tri-Cities) surprised us all by using the term beach music. To beat all....he's a bass player from way back and knows the difference between Surf Music and Beach. He just wasn't thinking. ^_^

thunderhead
Top Producer

Postby thunderhead » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Desert Surfer wrote:
thunderhead wrote:Thanks so much Guys!! It feels really good to have my friends on the Forum post and support one of our Videos. :o

Very nice thunderhead. Can you tell us what amp did you use for lead guitar? and the setting on amp if can? (I usually like to set Treble at 7, bass at 8, mid randge at 7 and reverb at 7 or 8, no tremolo)

I love that 60's sound. Thanks.

The amp is a 1965 Fender Bassman converted into a 2/10 combo with Jensen P10R speakers. The Settings I think were,Treble 6, Bass 5, Volume 3. I was running it into a Fender Reverb Unit with Dwell,Mix and Tone all on 6. The Guitar is a Jonas Ridge Mosrite Ventures 1963 RI. Side-Jack, Set-Neck. It is a really incredible Guitar that I feel very fortunate to own. I use it sparingly for Special events. I also had on the Floor a Boss Tuner and a Fulldrive II set with a slight amount of "Edge". It is a super transparent overdrive that I never use for heavy distortion. It can certainly do that but I use it for a little "Icing on the Cake" . Again Thanks so much for your interest. Billy C AKA ThunderHead
Click on logo to visit website

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:19 pm

thunderhead wrote:The amp is a 1965 Fender Bassman converted into a 2/10 combo with Jensen P10R speakers.

How does that Bassman combo sound at higher volumes? I have a stock '65 Bandmaster piggyback with two 12s bottom (that I purchased new) that stays clean virtually all the way up. I have a '63 Vibroverb reissue that is the same basic amp circuit wise in a combo package with two 10's. It stays pretty clean until about 5 or 6, then it starts to break up. BTW, I love them both for different genre's of music. Also, any links to your blues playing? Many here know that my favorite music is Blues, which most here don't care for.
Danny Ellison

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”