Deke Dickerson in Baltimore!!

mosriteforever

Deke Dickerson in Baltimore!!

Postby mosriteforever » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:46 am

Hey All, Bob Shade and I where privilidged to see Deke Dickerson and the phenomenal Modern Sounds last night. They are playing tonight in Norfolk Virginia and if they are coming near you, check out this tremendous show. Joel Patterson of the Modern Sounds is a monster guitarist and muli-instrumentalist as are the rest of the band. My videos don't do them justice. I may have to get a real video recorder instead of my digital camera. If I can remember how to post the youtube videos, this will be good. I will check later to make sure it works.
Deke Dickerson Forever!!!!

Mosriteforever!!

Hope this worked!

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: Deke Dickerson in Baltimore!!

Postby Veenture » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:02 am

Boy Johnny, it works! Most enjoyable to listen to and watch...I'm on video nr 2 now, 3 to go! :P

I can imagine what Deke and the band must've sounded like LIVE in "full stereo and hi-fi"...:shock:

Thanks for sharing,

Paul

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:38 am

Ditto!

Thanks for the videos and I could not agree more with your assessment of the show. Joel Patterson is an amazing player, and Deke ain't no slouch either!

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 am

Well I'm finally coming back to life after seeing Deke last night and getting home at 3 and getting up early to take the kids to school. Man that was one of the best gigs ever! Deke has a great band with him and if you get to see him you should do it while he is with these guys. Deke called and asked if I could bring a 60 Custom to the show for him to play. He has wanted to check one out for a good while now. He was impressed and HAS to have the RSB finish he said. I would have insisted anyway now that he sweated on it. Eeew. Kidding.

Anyway, if there is anyone who would like a RSB finished 60 Custom we have decided to make them more affordable and drop the price to the same as the standard finish. We will not be producing this color again so these will be very rare. Please let us know if you have an interest. I think the coffee is starting to do its job now......better get to work.

Best, Bob

Walter Broes

Postby Walter Broes » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:46 pm

Nice clips, thanks for posting. I wish I could have seen some of that tour - Joel is a monster player indeed (- as are the two guys in his rhythm section!!), and seeing them as Deke's backing band's gotta be a real treat.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:23 pm

Those are some great video's Johnny. Thanks!

When's Deke going to be back on the forum? It'll take him two months just to catch up. ;)

Don't forget Deke's Geek Fest coming up January 16th. :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1292
Danny Ellison

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:26 am

Great stuff! Thanks for posting. Deke and Joel sound great together...the whole band is great!

To be true to guitar geekiness: it's nice to hear the tone of the two different Hallmark models next to the ES295.
Johnny, Bob, Deke, Anyone. I see Joel has a strap button on the neck side of the ES295. Originally, they didn't have a strap button, and the strap is tied off at the headstock, T-bone Walker style. I have been hesitant to drill holes in my guitar to install a strap button, but see it is working well for Joel. Anyone notice exactly where it is installed? I have considered the heel of the neck, but there is binding there and I don't want to crack it. Any suggestion from the gang around here would be appreciated. I really want to get the strap off the headstock.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:14 am

It looks like that guitar strap goes straight down to the heel of the neck in the still photo's above.

Here's a 1953 model http://www.vintage-guitars.se/1953_Gibs ... 3_back.jpg

....and another http://www.tfoa.eu/user_files/images/Gi ... %20012.jpg
Danny Ellison

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:42 am

Thanks Danny.
Looks like the heel is the strongest place on a ES295. The entire heel-the D shape- is covered in white binding material. I'm hestitant to drill through it ...don't want it to crack. Hmmm.

JimPage
Top Producer

Postby JimPage » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:50 am

How about putting the strap button on the treble-side of the neck heel itself? That's where the folks at CF Martin recommended I put the buttons on my acoustics, and it has always worked well. The guitars seem to hang well, too, when the buttons are done that way.

Frank Ford's www.Frets.com Website can show you the details.

--Jim
• '99 Martin D-41
• '67 Mosrite Celebrity II
• '72 Mosrite Celebrity III
• '83 Tokai TST56
• '10 Hallmark Barris Krest
• '10 Hallmark 60 Custom
• '10 Hallmark Stradette
• '50s Tele Clone
• Basses: Ashbory, Hofner, 51RI Precision, 5-string, fretless

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”