All-Mosrite Band at Deke's Guitar Geek Festival, coming up!

Deke Dickerson
Top Producer

All-Mosrite Band at Deke's Guitar Geek Festival, coming up!

Postby Deke Dickerson » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:18 am

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but I already know a lot of you. I'm Deke Dickerson and I am also going to list this topic in the proper place where it belongs (live shows & gigs), but thought it was worth posting to the Vintage Guitars & Basses Vintage USA section because of the number of Vintage Mosrites that will be at my "Deke's Guitar Geek Festival" this year.

The festival is on Saturday, January 17th, 2009, at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel Ballroom in Anaheim, CA, and one of the acts that we're doing is the "All-Mosrite Band." This will be a band made of myself, Brian Lonbeck (the Bakersfield country shredder who owns the 40th Anniversary model talked about on this list), and about 20 other guys, all playing vintage and historic Mosrite instruments. We'll do a couple Joe Maphis songs, a couple Ventures songs, a Ramones song, and who knows what special guests we might have--previous stars of the fest have included Nokie Edwards and Larry Collins!

In addition, and this is the main reason I've posted this here--we'll have a crazy exhibition of Mosrite guitars and basses and amps in the Vintage Guitar Museum, which is always a big hit of the Guitar Geek Festival. If you're into Mosrites and can get yourself to Anaheim California on January 17th, this will be the biggest Mosrite event ever held outside of Japan!!

Get tickets and more info at http://www.guitargeekfestival.com or http://www.dekedickerson.com

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: All-Mosrite Band at Deke's Guitar Geek Festival, coming up!

Postby dubtrub » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:30 am

Well, I guess I know what I'll be doing for my birthday which is January 16th. :lol:

Looks like my wife and I will be attending. Any forum members want to meet at the show?
Danny Ellison

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:45 pm

dubtrub wrote:Well, I guess I know what I'll be doing for my birthday which is January 16th. :lol:

Looks like my wife and I will be attending. Any forum members want to meet at the show?

Hey fellow Capricorn.My birthday is January 15 and I was thinking what a great way it would be to spend my birthday as well.The only snag is that I'll be back at work after my Christmas holidays then.
Dammit!!!

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:34 pm

My wife and I will be there.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:39 pm

That's great Vincent. If all goes well, we'll see you and Michelle there. ;)
Danny Ellison

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:47 am

Advance Ticket $35 Buy Online Here
THE BEST GUITAR FESTIVAL IN THE WORLD!

Deke Dickerson's 6th annual GUITAR GEEK FESTIVAL!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

At the Anaheim Plaza Hotel
(upstairs ballroom)
1700 S. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, California

(one block from the old Jolly Roger and the Convention Center / NAMM show. The hotel still has rooms left for this weekend but they are going fast! Call them immediately at 714-772-5900 to book your room today!)

featuring your host and emcee, Deke Dickerson, and STARRING:

BUDDY HOLLY'S ORIGINAL CRICKETS!
Honoring the 50th anniversary of Buddy Holly's plane crash 1959-2009! With original members Sonny Curtis on guitar, Joe B. Mauldin on bass, and Jerry Allison on drums. Sonny Curtis of course played on all the classic early 1955-56 Buddy Holly recordings, including "Blue Days, Black Nights," "Love Me," and the early version of "That'll Be the Day." Sonny Curtis is also the man who wrote the hit song "I Fought the Law!" The rhythm section of Joe B. Mauldin and Jerry Allison was famous as Buddy Holly's Crickets, but also backed up Eddie Cochran and the Everly Brothers! This is as close to royalty as we have in this country: THE ORIGINAL CRICKETS! Plus many special surprise GUESTS we can not announce here . . .

DEKE DICKERSON: LOST ART OF "GILLIGAN GUITAR!"
A special set by Deke presenting one of his favorite "lost" guitar styles, the go-go-instrumental style best described as "the music that would come out of the radio on Gilligan's Island." Something different and once-in-a-lifetime from your host with the most: Deke Dickerson!

THE ALL-MOSRITE BAND featuring BRIAN LONBECK, VENTURESMANIA, and others!
A special tribute to Semie Moseley and the wild and wonderful "Mosrite" guitars he created. Last year's "All-Bigsby Band" was such a hit, we decided to take the idea a step further and have an "All-Mosrite band" with a stage full of vintage Mosrite guitars played by the masters of twang and surf. Bakersfield Barn Burner Brian Lonbeck is back to lead the pack, with Ventures tribute band Venturesmania and many other surprise guests!

THE GHASTLY ONES: ALL "ELIKI" SET!
SoCal surf favorites pay tribute to the Japanese "group sound" guitar instrumental music of the 1960s, played on original rare Japanese guitars and basses! Our guitar museum will also feature a special Japanese "Eliki" display courtesy of the Ghastly Ones Garrett Immel!

JENNIFER BATTEN: GUITAR PLAYER COVER STAR!
This guitar heroine with insane skill toured with Michael Jackson and Jeff Beck, among many others. This is the first Geekfest to feature a Guitar Player magazine cover star, and we are pleased to have her!

"GUITAR ZACK" WIESENBERGER!
This is the first act we've signed for the Geekfest solely based on YouTube videos! This guy struck us as the greatest thing we've seen since Crazy Joe. He's funny and he plays his butt off. . . . You've got to trust us, this cat is incredible!

RICKENBACKER BAKELITE BAND!
Another set for vintage gear Geeks! We've assembled an all-star cast of hot jazz , western swing, and blues players to perform an entire set on Rickenbacker bakelite instruments from the 1930s and 1940s: the world's first solid-body electric guitar! We have D. B. Berzansky and Pat Quilter on bakelite lap steels, T. K. Smith and Deke on bakelite Spanish electric guitars, Trent Ruane and John Reynolds on bakelite Tenor electric guitars, Wally Hersom on his 1930s Rickenbacker aluminum electric bass, and 84-year-old ukelele legend Travis Harrelson on his electric Rickenbacker uke. Many more special guests! This will be a once-in-a-lifetime event, never before attempted!

SLACKTONE!
An early set from Southern California surf favorites . . . by popular demand! Featuring much-respected surf guitarist Dave Wronski, bassist Sam Bolle from Dick Dale's band, and powerhouse drummer Dusty Watson from Agent Orange, Dick Dale, and the Supersuckers!

DEL CASHER: FROM GENE AUTRY TO FRANK ZAPPA!
Featuring our favorite resident guitar genius and show-biz casualty with stories about Elvis, Lawrence Welk, Gene Autry, and Frank Zappa! This time Del and Deke will replicate sections of the Ecco-Fonic Demonstration Record and the Vox Wah-Wah pedal radio commercial . . . Not to mention guitar jokes banned in the Catskills long ago!

BREAKOUT TALENT SHOWCASE!
Featuring two great acts, plus surprises: Joao Erbetta from Brazil, "Guitar Bizarre," and Jay Hartke from El Paso, "Pradabilly!" Opening the show with a bang!

DEKE'S AMAZING GUITAR MUSEUM!
This year the museum will be twice as big as last year with a special Mosrite exhibit, a special Japanese "Eliki" guitar exhibit, and more new crazy guitars and amps to feast your eyes on than ever before!

This show is all ages! Full bar available! Booths from Hallmark, TNM Custom, and more. DJ Dan Moses! Guitar raffle courtesy Fender/Gretsch guitars! This is an EARLY SHOW: Doors at 3 p.m., show at 4 p.m. sharp! Tickets are $35 advance / $40 day of show / $35 with NAMM pass.

Buy your tickets NOW! This show will sell out!

Advance Ticket $35 Buy Online Here
Danny Ellison

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:19 am

Danny, it sounds great! Something just came up. Michele needs to go to Taiwan to visit her father in January. We will see if we can make the one.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:47 am

If the fates are kind and the winds are right, I'll be there!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

ElTwang
Top Producer

Postby ElTwang » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:47 pm

Well, whoever gets to go one MUST make a report and take some nerdy pics.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:17 pm

ElTwang wrote:Well, whoever gets to go one MUST make a report and take some nerdy pics.

Why, of course! Those Rules and Regulations
are stated as such, under MOSRITEFORUM 1-0-1 :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”