90s Chandler Avenger

mosman
Top Producer

Re: 90s Chandler Avenger

Postby mosman » Fri May 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Actually if I recall I traded it in so I'm not sure how much I got for it.
I wish I hadn't seen this post—it makes me wish I still had it even with its small body and thick neck.
Funny thing is though,I contacted Chandler for some info about it and they never responded and they don't seem to have it mentioned anywhere on their site.
It gave me the impression the Avenger was something they were no longer interested in.
Bill.

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Fri May 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Yeah - they've moved on, I guess. Info on the Avenger is hard to come by. I've been searching for a while today, and not much available on it. Gone the way of the SurfCaster, I guess.

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Fri May 22, 2009 7:05 pm

I loved the Surfcaster! But one of the most over looked 90's guitars is the Talman.....ImageI own a tc825fsl great guitar very versatile with a 5 way coil tap and Bigsby.. you cant go wrong. I have never played a Chandler

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Fri May 22, 2009 10:56 pm

I had a Talman too with the exact same appearance as the Avenger: black body with black pearloid pickguard.
darn ... now I miss my Avenger!
Bill.

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Sat May 23, 2009 5:55 am

More info on the Avengers - I just read in an old GP review that these were offered as either a kit guitar, or a pre-assembled, that you could build or get built according to what hardware you wanted on them. Interesting to know whether they ever sold many of these ...

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Sat May 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Yeah I saw the ad when it first came out and as I couldn't get a Mosrite at the time I found a Chandler distributor here who could get me an Avenger. He asked me what pickups etc I wanted and a few weeks later it arrived. Ironically not long after that I found an M-88 in a shop so I scored that and the Avenger became quite neglected after that.
As I like to read as much as I can about whatever guitar I aquire, I was a little frustrated at the lack of info regarding the Avenger.
I'd still like to know more about it.
Bill.

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”