Fillmore guitar show booth

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Fillmore guitar show booth

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:16 pm

Wow, some interesting models here:
http://www.mosrite.co.jp/musicfair2007_booth.html
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Fillmore guitar show booth

Postby dubtrub » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:34 pm

Sure would look pretty decorating my Christmas tree. ;)
Danny Ellison

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:44 pm

More photos from Fillmore, this time of bands playing at a Mosrite showcase event:
http://www.mosrite.co.jp/musicfair2007_event1.html
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Thanks for sharing, Mel. We hope to see Fillmroe, Kurokumo, Firstman, Swing Science and many more all displaying Mosrite clones in the next show... (Bakersfield CA, 2009?)

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:45 pm

Desert Surfer wrote:Thanks for sharing, Mel. We hope to see Fillmroe, Kurokumo, Firstman, Swing Science and many more all displaying Mosrite clones in the next show... (Bakersfield CA, 2009?)

That would be great but if the lack of interest I encountered so far is an indicator, well........................... :shock:

It is beyond my means to get a commitment fron Asian collectors or vendors. Heck they won't even answer an email about buying the products.

There's been a decent interest in attending and viewing but so far only one person outside Artie indicated they would bring something to display. We'll see what develops during the new year. At least we may have a forum T shirt after the new year. I hope. ;)
Danny Ellison

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:34 pm

dubtrub wrote:
Desert Surfer wrote:Thanks for sharing, Mel. We hope to see Fillmroe, Kurokumo, Firstman, Swing Science and many more all displaying Mosrite clones in the next show... (Bakersfield CA, 2009?)

That would be great but if the lack of interest I encountered so far is an indicator, well........................... :shock:

It is beyond my means to get a commitment fron Asian collectors or vendors. Heck they won't even answer an email about buying the products.

There's been a decent interest in attending and viewing but so far only one person outside Artie indicated they would bring something to display. We'll see what develops during the new year. At least we may have a forum T shirt after the new year. I hope. ;)

I think the main reason Japanese vendors don't respond to the inquires from the US is mainly due to the language barrier and culture difference. We need someone like Ten to build the bridge for us. Adam maybe able to help to bring more Japanese fans to our forum. I am very active in one of the Taiwanese guitar forums and have posted many threads about Mosrites. But unfortunately, there are not too many people are interested in Mosrites. (only a small portion of people older than 55 have heard about The Ventures, and much small percentage among them have ever heard of Mosrites) :cry:

I am sure there are a lot Japanese fans reading this forum but just do not participate. (we call them "divers" in our Taiwanese forum) One of our members from Singapore has PM me and asked me a few questions. I encourage him to participate the discussion but so far he has not joined us yet. (Will, come out of water and join us.. :D )

Danny, it takes time to get the words out and establish the network. You are doing amazingly great so far. In time, there will be a "Mosrites convention" in Bakersfield someday.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:40 pm

i hope no one thinks this is racist, but does anyone else think's it's funny to see japanese musicians impersonating white musicans from the 60's?
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:51 pm

oipunkguy wrote:i hope no one thinks this is racist, but does anyone else think's it's funny to see japanese musicians impersonating white musicans from the 60's?

They impersonate the white musicians because they love their music and see them as their hero. I don't see anything wrong with that. If I were one of those musicians I would feel honored.

When I was young, I loved and watched a lot American Western movies in Taiwan. Gary Cooper was my big hero. As a kid, I loved to imitate the way he walked, drew the gun etc. in the movies. If Gary was alive and saw this, he would be smiling...

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:59 pm

oipunkguy wrote:i hope no one thinks this is racist, but does anyone else think's it's funny to see japanese musicians impersonating white musicans from the 60's?

You mean like this? :shock: YouTube
Danny Ellison

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:03 pm

dubtrub wrote:

You mean like this? :shock: YouTube

The lead guitarist plays and acts like Nokie (a quiet type but talented, he used the thumb pick too) I am sure Nokie feels good watching this.

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”